Beginners 1:1 introductory sessions include, shore-side safety, kit check, short dip / swim and safe rewarming procedures. Two or three sessions are recommended, but single sessions are also available. If you do not see any times / dates to suit you, then please email Maree at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can try to sort something out.
1:1 sessions can also be used as Re-start sessions – for those of you who have not been in the cold water for a while. These would start as above and progress more rapidly to a longer immersion, depending on wetsuit / swimsuit choice – weather conditions – your own acclimatisation.
Front Crawl introductions / development / technique sessions for Open Water can also be incorporated in a 1:1 session and content will be tailored to your needs.
All sessions will consist of;
- a welcome chat and discussion of experience and aims within the context of Wild Swimming.
- a kit check and organisational advice and recommended procedures.
- safety considerations prior to entry.
- entry procedure and acclimatisation strategies.
- appropriate swim time.
- exit and rewarming strategy, post swim dangers highlighted.
- warm drink and chat whilst coach ensures participant is safe to leave their care.
|1:1 Lesson||45-60 min||£30|
|Block of 2 or more Lessons||£25 per lesson|
|1:2 Lesson||60 min||£40|
|Block of 2 or more Lessons||£35 per lesson|